League of Women Voters has long been recognized as the premiere source
for nonpartisan election information. Every year, the Voter Resource
Network provides millions of New Yorkers with accurate, timely election
in print, radio, TV and on the Web. Need ome assistance
during election time? Whether you're a first-time voter or
looking for some friendly reminders, the League has the information
|Voting & Election Information
- 2013 New York State Primary: Tuesday, September 10
- 2013 New York State General Election Day: Tuesday, November 5
NEW! Vote 411: Electronic Voter Guide (9/5/2013)
The electronic voter guide, Vote 411, has gone live in some communities. Check back daily as local Leagues are adding information on more candidates and races. Not all have gone live yet – so keep checking.
- Click here for the QR to reach Vote 411 on smartphones and tablets.
- Go to www.vote411.org to enter your address and see the ballot for just your address (more still coming, too) and the 6 ballot proposals
- Click here to view all races in New York State (more still coming, too)
NEW! Voter Registration Basics
Your Right to Vote in New York State
NYS Board of Elections
- Link to NYS Board of Election sitewith instructions for using each of the new voting machines; click on the machine type and a listing of the counties using that type will be provided on the right side. (9/12/2011)
- Running For Elective Office in NYS(3/25/2013)
Specific information and instructions for anyone considering to run for elective office in NYS.
- The War on Voting in the Modern Era (2/16/2012)
Presentation by Tim O’Brien, LWVUS Project Manager for the Public Advocacy for Voter Protection, recently spoke about current efforts to suppress the vote in several states.
- 2010 Election Survey: Machines Perform But Privacy Suffers (12/16/2010)
The League released the results of an online survey of over 1,000 voters statewide which showed that the new voting systems worked well, but noted several inadequacies that the League feels must be addressed to ensure that voters are guaranteed a secure and private franchise.
- How You Can be Proactive with the New Voting System (10/29/2010)
Article in Spotlight newspapers by Aimee Allaud, LWVNYS Elections Specialist, with tips on what to bring to the polls, what to ask at the polls, and how to prepare to use the new machines, click here
- Demonstrations of New Voting Machines Now Available (10/2010)
All voters in NY will encounter new voting machines this fall. To watch a demonstration of the voting machine for your county, click on link below and then select your county from the dropdown menu in the upper right corner of the page. www.vote-ny.com/english/index.php
- Information on Recruiting Poll Workers
- Judicial Voting Guide
- Judicial Facts for Voters
JUDICIAL INDEPENDENCE is important because the right of every citizen to a fair trial is a corner stone of our
democracy. Without judicial independence, this right would be compromised. (
- LWVNYS Guidelines for Participation in Debates and Forums by Candidates for Statewide Office
- The Road to the Voting Booth