Join the League
Join the LWV of New York State
Persons at least 16 years of age who join the LWVNYS at any level shall be voting members at all levels of League. There are approximately 60 local Leagues across New York State. Joining at any level automatically confers membership at every level: local, state and national and Membership provides the opportunity to be actively involved in local, state and national issues.
Membership and donation gifts
Because we are a not-for-profit organization, Memberships and Donation gifts are the LWVNYS’s most important source of financial support. Please use our secure form (below) to make your annual Membership pledge or Donation gift today.
FOR RESIDENTS OF NYC PLEASE VISIT: League of Women Voters of the City of New York
*If you live in an area where there is a local league, we will forward your membership information to it.
IF YOU PREFER, YOU CAN MAKE YOUR PLEDGE OR DONATION GIFT BY CHECK.
- For Membership Pledge or Donation gift to LWVNYS – Please make out your check to: LWVNYS
- For a Donation Gift to Education Foundation: Please make out your check to: LWVNYSEF
- Mail to:
1 Steuben Place
Albany, NY 12207
Why become a member?
Because you want to make a difference. You know the future depends on people like you-people learning about the issues, speaking out and seeking positive solutions to the problems confronting our communities and our country. When you join the League of Women Voters, you’re doing something good for democracy – and good for you. As a member of the League, you will:
- Stay Informed About Issues and Government
- Make Your Voice Heard
- Sharpen Your Skills
Where we're going today?
Today, the League is engaged in an exciting new effort to do something about distrust and hostility that dominate public debate in America:
- We’re Advocating for changes in the political process, including campaign finance reforms that reduce special interest influence and make elections fair.
- We’re Getting Voters to the polls, because the system won’t change unless we all hold government accountable and vote.
- We’re Creating Opportunities for citizens to come together to discuss issues and shape solutions for the future.
- We’re Educating Citizens, giving them the knowledge and the tools they need to make a difference.