League Conventions & Council
Empowering Voters. Defending Democracy
June 2-4, 2023
Open to all members with only delegates assigned by local Leagues permitted to vote during plenary sessions.
- Reports from President, Vice Presidents and Issue Specialists and Committees on activities during this past year
- Proposed Slate of Officers and Board of Directors
- Proposed 2023-24 LWVNYS Budget
- Proposed 2023-25 Program
- Board Recommended Study on the use of RCV and alternatives to party primaries for state, congressional and local offices
- Board Recommended Study on the process used by the state Board of Elections to approve voting systems with the purpose of seeing if the process can be improved to be more effective in ensuring that approved voting systems meet a balance of the SARAT (“secure, accurate, recountable, accessible and transparent”) criteria.
- Board Recommended Concurrence with Waste position of the 4 Capital District Leagues